Table of contents
About this book
Bring the power of functional programming to your PHP applications. From performance optimizations to concurrency, improved testability to code brevity, functional programming has a host of benefits when compared to traditional imperative programming.
Part one of Pro Functional PHP Programming takes you through the basics of functional programming, outlining the key concepts and how they translate into standard PHP functions and code. Part two takes this theory and shows you the strategies for implementing it to solve real problems in your new or existing PHP applications.
Functional programming is popular in languages such as Lisp, Scheme and Clojure, but PHP also contains all you need to write functional code. This book will show you how to take advantage of functional programming in your own projects, utilizing the PHP programming language that you already know.
php functional programming application software development strategies web scripting
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2958-3
- Copyright Information Rob Aley 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-2957-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-2958-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site