Carry out the pre-planning, design, and programming of role playing games (RPGs) using the popular GameMaker: Studio in this very practical and fun book. Author Ben Tyers teaches you how to create a story or plotline for the RPG, apply aesthetics, and develop core and extended gameplay.
Using Learn RPGs in GameMaker: Studio, you can design and build your own RPG using the GameMaker: Studio platform. Build your first game application and deploy in an app store, on Facebook, or just on a PC. Maybe, even, make a few bucks.
- Use the GameMaker: Studio platform to design and build a role playing game
- Create a story for game design purposes, using a plot line and defining characters
- Discover the impact of aesthetics on art style, character separation, scene development, sound design and views
- Master core gameplay elements such as battles, exploration, scoring, and endings
- Work with extended gameplay elements such as collectibles, quirks, management, and saving
- Employ the various core and extended gameplay elements as appropriate to your RPG