About this book
Building out these systems includes many concerns such as containerization, container orchestration, build pipelines and continuous integration solutions, automated testing, service discovery, logging and analytics. You will examine each of these tools and understand how they can be combined within an organization. You will design an automated build pipeline from Pull Request to container deployment, understand how to achieve High Availability and monitor application health with Service Discovery, and learn how to collaborate with other teams, write documentation, and describe bugs.
Covering use of Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana), and StatsD and Grafana for analytics, you will build on your existing knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture and gain an advanced, practical understanding of everything from infrastructure development to team collaboration.
- Book Title Advanced Microservices
- Book Subtitle A Hands-on Approach to Microservice Infrastructure and Tooling
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2887-6
- Copyright Information Thomas Hunter II 2017
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-2886-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-2887-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 181
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 26 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site