Table of contents
About this book
This book teaches IT service managers how to onboard ServiceNow ITSM tools by evangelizing, educating, and coordinating their organization's service desk, developers, and stakeholders. Drawing on his own story of lessons learned in spinning up the adoption of ServiceNow throughout the Al Jazeera Media Network, application architect Gabriele Kahlout shows IT service managers how to launch automated ServiceNow ticketing tools in seamless integration with their organization's existing email and Active Directory.
Spinning Up ServiceNow: IT Service Managers Guide to Successful User Adoption shows IT service managers how to orchestrate their IT service desks and developers to facilitate the adoption and consumption of IT services by all users, supporting their various business needs while optimizing human-computer interaction and minimizing stress and productivity loss arising from poor human-system design.
What you will learn:
- How to quick-start ServiceNow in a matter of days with the minimum configuration required to start processing tickets via email
- How to avoid the teething problems that can spoil your users’ onboarding experience with ServiceNow
- How to automate the process of scaling up new teams into ServiceNow
- How to shape your users' experiences so that they retain their familiar bearings in email and Active Directory while welcoming the power of ServiceNow enhancements
- How to create a strategy to avoid common pitfalls that sabotage ITSM programs
ServiceNow ITSSM ITSM ITOM I&O IT help desk duplicate tickets email integration internal email Active Directory scaling up automate UX business user