Table of contents
About this book
This book describes the experiences and successes of female innovators and entrepreneurs in the still largely male-dominated tech-world in twenty candid interviews. It highlights the varied life and career stories that lead these women to the top positions in the technology industry that they are in now.
Interviewees include CEOs, founders, and inventors from a wide spectrum of tech organizations across sectors as varied as mobile technology, e-commerce, online education, and video games. Interviewer Danielle Newnham, a mobile startup and e-commerce entrepreneur herself as well as an online community organizer, presents the insights, instructive anecdotes, and advice shared with her in the interviews, including stories about raising capital for one’s start-up, and about the obstacles these women encountered and how they overcame them.
This timely book will be of great interest to anyone working in tech or looking to get into the industry, and more in general: to everyone wanting to learn how they can contribute to leveling the field of occupational opportunity and to strengthening teams and companies through merit and diversity.
- Book Title Female Innovators at Work
- Book Subtitle Women on Top of Tech
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-2364-2
- Copyright Information Danielle Newnham 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-2363-5
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-2364-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 216
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
The Computing Profession
Job Careers in Science and Engineering
Careers in Business and Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site