About this book
This is a quick read, at just over 100 pages. This is a handbook style guide to specific items you can act on. Is your PHP app truly secure? Let's make sure you get home on time and sleep well at night. Learn the security basics that a senior developer usually acquires over years of experience, all condensed down into one quick and easy handbook.
Do you ever wonder how vulnerable you are to being hacked? Do you feel confident about storing your users sensitive information? Imagine feeling confident in the integrity of your software when you store your user's sensitive data. No more fighting fires with lost data, no more late nights, your application is secure.
In this short book I'll give you clear, actionable details on how to secure various parts of your web application. You will also find scenarios to handle and improve existing legacy issues.
What you'll learn
- Never trust your users - escape all input
- HTTPS/SSL/BCA/JWH/SHA and other random letters, some of them actually matter
- Password Encryption and Storage for Everyone
- Authentication, Access Control, and Safe File Handing
- Safe Defaults, Cross Site Scripting and other Popular Hacks
php security scripting web apps secure