About this book
This short guide teaches the popular JVM programming language, Groovy and its ecosystem. Learn Groovy helps programmers learn Groovy, a flexible open-source Java-based dynamic scripting language built for the JVM (Java Virtual Machine), and the Groovy ecosystem.
This book covers Groovy fundamentals, Gradle, Grails, Spock, Groovy design patterns, and advanced some Groovy programming.
What you'll learn
- Groovy fundamentals, including the GDK or Groovy Development Kit
- Advanced Groovy, such as writing Groovy DSLs
- Functional programming in Groovy
- GPars, the built-in concurrency library
- Gradle, the build system
- Grails, the web application framework
- Spock, the testing framework
- Ratpack, the reactive web library
Groovy scripting Java dynamic language Gradle Grails JVM virtual machine spock ratpack open source