About this book
This book helps you understand, troubleshoot, and repair issues with local Windows installations, automating the OS deployment and configuring updates via WSUS and Windows Intune. Whether you are installing a new Windows operating system locally, or looking to deploy a customized build to 1000s of devices in your network, Windows Installation and Update Troubleshooting shows you how to do this successfully and reliably.
When tasked with deploying Windows operating systems, there can seem to be an overwhelming amount of tools and techniques to learn to master this process. Windows Installation and Update Troubleshooting steps up through local installations and upgrades through to Lite Touch deployments using WDS and MDT, and then to Zero Touch installations using Microsoft System Center. Management of updates to Windows is also covered, using both on-premises technologies and cloud-based services.
This book also explains how to decide between local installation types, perform upgrades, use automation techniques to deploy images, and how to maintain Windows throughout the operational phase of the lifecycle.
In this book, you'll learn:
- How to install Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 locally
- How to perform upgrades locally on a Windows PC, including migrating data and user profiles
- How to deploy operating systems using Lite Touch techniques
- How to deploy operating systems using Zero Touch technologies
- How to maintain on-premises and devices not connected to the company network by using WSUS and Windows Intune