Table of contents
About this book
This book introduces the exciting intersection of technology and fashion known as wearable computing. Learn about the future of electronics in clothing and testiles, and be a part of creating that future! Crafting Wearables begins with the history of the field, then covers current practices and future trends. You will gain deeper insight into the strategy behind the design of wearable devices while learning about the tools and materials needed to start your own wearables toolbox.
In a time when consumer electronics are becoming smaller and seamlessly integrated into our lives, it is important to understand how technology can improve and augment your lifestyle. Wearables are in a sense the most organic and natural interface we can design, yet there is still doubt about how quickly wearable technologies will become the cultural norm. Furthermore, skills that have become less valuable over the years, such as sewing, are making a return with the wearables movement.
- Gives a better understanding of wearable technology and how it has evolved
- Teaches basic skills and techniques to familiarize you with the tools and materials
- Showcases breakthrough designs and discoveries that impact our everyday interactions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-1808-2
- Copyright Information Sibel Deren Guler, Madeline Gannon, and Kate Sicchio 2016
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-1807-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-1808-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site