About this book
Take a deep dive into web development using the Go programming language to build web apps and RESTful services to create reliable and efficient software. Web Development with Go provides Go language fundamentals and then moves on to advanced web development concepts and successful deployment of Go web apps to the cloud.
Web Development with Go will teach you how to develop scalable real-world web apps, RESTful services, and backend systems with Go. The book starts off by covering Go programming language fundamentals as a prerequisite for web development. After a thorough understanding of the basics, the book delves into web development using the built-in package, net/http. With each chapter you’ll be introduced to new concepts for gradually building a real-world web system.The book further shows you how to integrate Go with other technologies. For example, it provides an overview of using MongoDB as a means of persistent storage, and provides an end-to-end REST API sample as well. The book then moves on to demonstrate how to deploy web apps to the cloud using the Google Cloud platform.
Web Development with Go provides:
- Fundamentals for building real-world web apps in Go
- Thorough coverage of prerequisites and practical code examples
- Demo web apps for attaining a deeper understanding of web development
- A reference REST API app which can be used to build scalable real-world backend services in Go
- A thorough demonstration of deploying web apps to the Cloud using the Google Cloud platform
Go is a high-performance language while providing greater level of developer productivity, therefore Web Development with Go equips you with the necessary skills and knowledge required for effectively building robust and efficient web apps by leveraging the features of Go.