About this book
Build Your Own 2D Game Engine and Create Great Web Games teaches you how to develop your own web-based game engine step-by-step, allowing you to create a wide variety of online videogames that can be played in common web browsers. Chapters include examples and projects that gradually increase in complexity while introducing a ground-up design framework, providing you with the foundational concepts needed to build fun and engaging 2D games. By the end of this book you will have created a complete prototype level for a side scrolling action platform game and will be prepared to begin designing additional levels and games of your own.
After completing the projects you will understand the core-concepts and implementation details of a typical 2D game engine and you will be familiar with a design and prototyping methodology you can use to create game levels and mechanics that are fun and engaging for players. You will gain insights into the many ways software design and creative design must work together to deliver the best game experiences, and you will have access to a versatile 2D game engine that you can expand upon or utilize directly to build your own 2D games that can be played online from anywhere.
- Book Title Build Your Own 2D Game Engine and Create Great Web Games
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-0952-3
- Copyright Information Apress 2015
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-0953-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-0952-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 468
- Number of Illustrations 164 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site