About this book
Exam topics covered include tasks and scheduling, remoting, the Spring Web Services framework, RESTful services with Spring MVC, the Spring JMS module, JMS and JTA transactions with Spring, batch processing with Spring Batch and the Spring Integration framework. Prepare with confidence for the Pivotal Enterprise Integration with Spring Exam.
One of the important aspects of this book is a focus on new and modern abstractions provided by Spring. Therefore most of the features are shown with Java annotations alongside established XML configurations. Most of the examples in the book are also based on the Spring Boot framework. Spring Boot adoption is exponential because of its capability to significantly simplify Spring configuration using sensible opinionated defaults. But Spring Boot is not the target of the exam, therefore all the features are also covered with plain Spring configuration examples.
- How to use Spring to create concurrent applications and schedule tasks
- How to do remoting to implement client-server applications
- How to work with Spring Web services to create loosely coupled Web services and clients
- How to use Spring MVC to create RESTful web services and clients
- How to integrate JMS for asynchronous messaging-based communication
- How to use local JMS transactions with Spring
- How to configure global JTA transactions with Spring
- How to use Spring Integration to create event-driven pipes-and-filters architectures and integrate with external applications
- How to use Spring Batch for managed, scalable batch processing that is based on both custom and built-in processing components