Table of contents
About this book
In order to get the best from this book, you will be familiar with Node.js scripts and able to install packages using npm. In the deep API reference, each aspect of the Express.js API is explained clearly with a simple exercise to demonstrate its usage. This includes configuration, settings and environments; different middleware and its uses; templating engines; extracting parameters and routing; request and response; error handling; and running an app. In the next part you'll delve into abstraction, streams, authentication, multithreading, Socket.io, security, and more complex modules. You will also learn about smaller frameworks built using Express.js, such as Sails.js, and Derby. Finally you'll build real-world apps including a REST API, Todo App, and Instagram gallery.
Express.js is used by a range of well-known companies such as MySpace and Storify, and it's becoming more and more likely that it'll be a required skill for new developers. With this book you can skip learning via complicated documentation, and get the information from a developer who's been using Express.js for long enough to explain things well. Add Pro Express.js to your library today.
- Book Title Pro Express.js
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-0037-7
- Copyright Information Apress 2014
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-0038-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-0037-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 372
- Number of Illustrations 93 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site