About this book
ATM Network Performance, Second Edition, describes approaches to computer and communication network management at the ATM layer of the protocol hierarchy. The focus is on satisfying quality-of-service requirements for individual connections. Results in both areas of bandwidth scheduling and traffic control are explained. Recent results in end-to-end performance, provisioning for video connections and statistical multiplexing are also described. All of the material has been updated where appropriate and new references added and expanded.
- Entirely new chapter on ATM switches with an emphasis on scalable-to-terabit switching.
- New material on round-robin scheduling, jitter control, QoS paradigms as well as special treatment of fluid modeling and variable bit rate channel capacity.
- Expanded coverage of CBR channels, IP over ATM, and guaranteed-rate performance.
- Substantial increase in end-of-chapter exercises. Solutions for selected exercises in separate appendix. Complete solutions for all exercises also available from author.
ATM Quality of Service (QoS) Switching communication computer material modeling network network management
- Book Title ATM Network Performance
- Series Title The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-4559-0
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic Publishers 2000
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-7923-7710-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4613-7058-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4615-4559-0
- Series ISSN 0893-3405
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XIV, 206
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computer Communication Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site