Table of contents
About this book
When developmental psychologists set forth the theory that the roots of adult psychopathology could be traced to childhood experience and behavior, the idea quickly took hold. Subsequently, as significant research in this area advanced during the past decade, more sophisticated theory, more accurate research methodologies, and improved replication of empirical findings have been the result.
The Third Edition of the Handbook of Developmental Psychopathology incorporates these research advances throughout its comprehensive, up-to-date examination of this diverse and maturing field. Integrative state-of-the-art models document the complex interplay of risk and protective factors and other variables contributing to normal and pathological development. New and updated chapters describe current refinements in assessment methods and offer the latest research findings from neuroscience. In addition, the Third Edition provides readers with a detailed review across the spectrum of salient topics, from the effects of early deprivation to the impact of puberty.
As the field continues to shift from traditional symptom-based concepts of pathology to a contemporary, dynamic paradigm, the Third Edition addresses such key topics as:
- Early Childhood disorders, including failure to thrive and attachment disorders.
- Aggression, ADHD, and other disruptive conditions.
- Developmental models of depression, anxiety, self-injury/suicide, and OCD.
- The autism spectrum and other chronic developmental disorders.
- Child maltreatment and trauma disorders.
The Third Edition of the Handbook of Developmental Psychopathology is a discipline-defining, forward-looking resource for researchers, clinicians, scientist-practitioners, and graduate students in such fields as developmental psychology, psychiatry, social work, child and school psychology, educational psychology, and pediatrics.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Developmental Psychopathology
Karen D. Rudolph
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-9608-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-9607-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4899-7672-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-9608-3
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages XV, 852
- Number of Illustrations 29 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This book on the most recent advances in developmental psychopathology explores theory, neuroscience, and various DSM-5 childhood disorders. … The purpose is to present the cutting-edge theory and research in the field of developmental psychopathology. … This book is well written by an international collection of experts. The third edition is justified because of the extensive research in developmental psychopathology over the past decade.” (Gary B. Kaniuk, Doody’s Book Reviews, July, 2016)