About this book
This book describes the various tradeoffs systems designers face when designing embedded memory. Readers designing multi-core systems and systems on chip will benefit from the discussion of different topics from memory architecture, array organization, circuit design techniques and design for test. The presentation enables a multi-disciplinary approach to chip design, which bridges the gap between the architecture level and circuit level, in order to address yield, reliability and power-related issues for embedded memory.
· Provides a comprehensive overview of embedded memory design and associated challenges and choices;
· Explains tradeoffs and dependencies across different disciplines involved with multi-core and system on chip memory design;
· Includes detailed discussion of memory hierarchy and its impact on energy and performance;
· Uses real product examples to demonstrate embedded memory design flow from architecture, to circuit design, design for test and yield analysis.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8881-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-8880-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-8881-1
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- Buy this book on publisher's site