Table of contents
About this book
Amateur astronomers of all skill levels are always contemplating their next telescope, and this book points the way to the most suitable instruments. Similarly, those who are buying their first telescopes – and these days not necessarily a low-cost one – will be able to compare and contrast different types and manufacturers. This revised new guide provides an extensive overview of binoculars and telescopes. It includes detailed up-to-date information on sources, selection and use of virtually every major type, brand, and model on today’s market, a truly invaluable treasure-trove of information and helpful advice for all amateur astronomers.
Originally written in 2006, much of the first edition is inevitably now out of date, as equipment advances and manufacturers come and go. This second edition not only updates all the existing sections but adds two new ones: Astro-imaging and Professional-Amateur collaboration. Thanks to the rapid and amazing developments that have been made in digital cameras it is easily possible to image all sorts of astronomical objects and fields.
Selecting the right device for a variety of purposes can be an overwhelming task in a market crowded with observing options, but this comprehensive guide clarifies the process. Anyone planning to purchase binoculars or telescopes for astronomy – whether as a first instrument or as an upgrade to the next level – will find this book a treasure-trove of information and advice. It also supplies the reader with many useful hints and tips on using astronomical telescopes or binoculars to get the best possible results.
- Book Title A Buyer's and User's Guide to Astronomical Telescopes and Binoculars
- Series Title The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Patrick Moore Pract.Astron.Series(formerly:Practical Astronomy)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8733-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-8732-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-8733-3
- Series ISSN 1431-9756
- Series E-ISSN 2197-6562
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XV, 223
- Number of Illustrations 22 b/w illustrations, 70 illustrations in colour
Astronomy, Observations and Techniques
Popular Science in Astronomy
- Buy this book on publisher's site