About this book
The objective of this self-contained book is two-fold. First, the reader is introduced to the modelling and mathematical analysis used in fluid mechanics, especially concerning the Navier-Stokes equations which is the basic model for the flow of incompressible viscous fluids. Authors introduce mathematical tools so that the reader is able to use them for studying many other kinds of partial differential equations, in particular nonlinear evolution problems.
The background needed are basic results in calculus, integration, and functional analysis. Some sections certainly contain more advanced topics than others. Nevertheless, the authors’ aim is that graduate or PhD students, as well as researchers who are not specialized in nonlinear analysis or in mathematical fluid mechanics, can find a detailed introduction to this subject.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-5975-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-5974-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-5975-0
- Series Print ISSN 0066-5452
- Buy this book on publisher's site