Table of contents
About this book
Universities find themselves in dynamic change. They are confronted with growing expectations from their stakeholders, increasing international competition, and new technological challenges. Featuring insights and in-depth case studies from leading researchers and university decision makers from around the world, this book argues that institutions of higher education, in order to be successful, have to actively reflect on circumstances, visions, and strategies to master the future.
Drawing from their experiences across a diverse array of institutions in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, the authors explore the pressures on today’s universities and the opportunities for excelling in the contest for resources. They discuss operational issues, such as strategic management, IT governance, leadership development, and entrepreneurial culture, and broader concerns, such as the roles and responsibilities of universities in promoting technology transfer and economic and social development. The result is a resource that not only reveals and analyzes universities from an organizational perspective, but presents best practice models and concrete inspiration for management and policymaking.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-4590-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-4589-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-4590-6
- Series Print ISSN 2197-5698
- Series Online ISSN 2197-5701
- Buy this book on publisher's site