About this book
Polynomial optimization have been a hot research topic for the past few years and its applications range from Operations Research, biomedical engineering, investment science, to quantum mechanics, linear algebra, and signal processing, among many others. In this brief the authors discuss some important subclasses of polynomial optimization models arising from various applications, with a focus on approximations algorithms with guaranteed worst case performance analysis. The brief presents a clear view of the basic ideas underlying the design of such algorithms and the benefits are highlighted by illustrative examples showing the possible applications.
This timely treatise will appeal to researchers and graduate students in the fields of optimization, computational mathematics, Operations Research, industrial engineering, and computer science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3984-4
- Copyright Information Zhening Li, Simai He,Shuzhong Zhang 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3983-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3984-4
- Series Print ISSN 2190-8354
- Series Online ISSN 2191-575X
- About this book