About this book
In these days of high-precision astrometric satellites, tremendous contributions to the science of astrometry are being made by amateur astronomers around the globe.
This second edition of Observing and Measuring Visual Double Stars contains a significant amount of completely new material inspired by the work done by observers - particularly in the USA - since the first edition was published. Fifteen skilled and experienced astronomers have contributed chapters on their own specialization in the various fields. These include how to use the Internet to carry out precise astronomical measurement, an excellent guide to sketching double stars, and information on how to image double stars of unequal brightness. This new edition is the definitive book for those who are serious about this fascinating aspect of astronomy!
Author Bob Argyle has been observing visual double stars for more than 40 years, some with the help of the world's biggest refractors, and has been director of the Webb Society Double Star Section since 1970.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3945-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3944-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3945-5
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6562
- Buy this book on publisher's site