About this book
This book serves as an introduction to calculus on normed vector spaces at a higher undergraduate or beginning graduate level. The prerequisites include basic calculus and linear algebra, as well as a certain mathematical maturity. All the important topology and functional analysis topics are introduced where necessary.
In its attempt to show how calculus on normed vector spaces extends the basic calculus of functions of several variables, this book is one of the few textbooks to bridge the gap between the available elementary texts and high level texts. The inclusion of many non-trivial applications of the theory and interesting exercises provides motivation for the reader.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3894-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3893-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3894-6
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- About this book