Table of contents
About this book
Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition is a comprehensive multidisciplinary text bringing together the research and practice of deglutition. This book is designed as a diagnostic and therapeutic reference for swallowing clinicians from such diverse backgrounds as gastroenterology, speech language pathology, otolaryngology, rehabilitation medicine, radiology and related fields.
Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition covers information on state-of-the–art diagnostic and therapeutic modalities through contributions from 28 innovators and master clinicians for the benefit of patients and providers alike. It concisely organizes the wealth of knowledge into one comprehensive information platform.
This book is an essential reference for all deglutologists, clinicians, and researchers in their areas of expertise.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Manual of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques for Disorders of Deglutition
Peter C. Belafsky
Gregory N. Postma
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3779-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-3778-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-3779-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 412
- Number of Illustrations 41 b/w illustrations, 31 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“This is a comprehensive overview of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for dysphagia. … The book is written for healthcare providers who see patients with disorders of deglutition, which would include those in otolaryngology, gastroenterology, speech-language pathology, and rehabilitation medicine. … This is an important contribution to the field of dysphagia management, with detailed chapters on diagnostic and therapeutic options for patients. The chapters are well organized and easy to follow.” (Inna Athar Husain, Doody’s Review Service, November, 2012)