About this book
This book describes medical imaging systems, such as X-ray, Computed tomography, MRI, etc. from the point of view of digital signal processing. Readers will see techniques applied to medical imaging such as Radon transformation, image reconstruction, image rendering, image enhancement and restoration, and more. This book also outlines the physics behind medical imaging required to understand the techniques being described. The presentation is designed to be accessible to beginners who are doing research in DSP for medical imaging. Matlab programs and illustrations are used wherever possible to reinforce the concepts being discussed.
· Acts as a “starter kit” for beginners doing research in DSP for medical imaging;
· Uses Matlab programs and illustrations throughout to make content accessible, particularly with techniques such as Radon transformation and image rendering;
· Includes discussion of the basic principles behind the various medical imaging techniques such as CT, MRI, etc.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3140-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3139-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3140-4