About this book
Data Mining for Biomarker Discovery is designed to motivate collaboration and discussion among various disciplines and will be of interest to students and researchers in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, medicine, and anyone interested in the interdisciplinary application of data mining techniques. Biomarker discovery is an important area of biomedical research that can lead to significant breakthroughs in disease analysis and targeted therapy. Moreover, the discovery and management of new biomarkers is a challenging and attractive problem in the emerging field of biomedical informatics.
This volume is a collection of state-of-the-art research from select participants of the “International Conference on Biomedical Data and Knowledge Mining: Towards Biomarker Discovery,” held July 7-9, 2010 in Chania, Greece. Contributions focus on biomarker data integration, information retrieval methods, and statistical machine learning techniques, all presented with new results, models, and algorithms.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-2107-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-2106-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-2107-8
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site