About this book
This book deals with nonsmooth structures arising within the optimization setting. It considers four optimization problems, namely, mathematical programs with complementarity constraints, general semi-infinite programming problems, mathematical programs with vanishing constraints and bilevel optimization. The author uses the topological approach and topological invariants of corresponding feasible sets are investigated. Moreover, the critical point theory in the sense of Morse is presented and parametric and stability issues are considered. The material progresses systematically and establishes a comprehensive theory for a rather broad class of optimization problems tailored to their particular type of nonsmoothness.
Topological Aspects of Nonsmooth Optimization will benefit researchers and graduate students in applied mathematics, especially those working in optimization theory, nonsmooth analysis, algebraic topology and singularity theory.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1897-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1896-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1897-9
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site