Table of contents
About this book
These volumes present a selection of Erich L. Lehmann’s monumental contributions to Statistics. These works are multifaceted. His early work included fundamental contributions to hypothesis testing, theory of point estimation, and more generally to decision theory. His work in Nonparametric Statistics was groundbreaking. His fundamental contributions in this area include results that came to assuage the anxiety of statisticians that were skeptical of nonparametric methodologies, and his work on concepts of dependence has created a large literature.
The two volumes are divided into chapters of related works. Invited contributors have critiqued the papers in each chapter, and the reprinted group of papers follows each commentary. A complete bibliography that contains links to recorded talks by Erich Lehmann – and which are freely accessible to the public – and a list of Ph.D. students are also included. These volumes belong in every statistician’s personal collection and are a required holding for any institutional library.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1412-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1411-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1412-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site