Table of contents
About this book
As digital devices play a more critical role in daily life than ever, more opportunities arise for innovative learning technologies—a trend on full display in the Educational Media and Technology Yearbook for 2011. This latest edition notes the relationship between the ubiquity of digital devices and cost-effectiveness in a chapter exploring the lasting value of net-based media during fiscal crisis. Other articles train their focus on graduate and professional goals, including an analysis of doctoral programs in educational technology and new collaborative learning platforms. And, as always, there are fresh possibilities for student involvement, from tech-based scaffolding to enhanced online discussions.
Featured in the 2011 Yearbook:
- New developments in learning, design and technology, including the evolving role of school librarians in literacy learning, an instructional design approach to educational games, and mobile education toward peace-building.
- Emerging trends in library science, with special emphasis on access issues, cultural awareness, and professional standards.
- Biographical sketches of four outstanding leaders in learning technology.
- An up-to-date worldwide directory of professional associations and organizations in learning design, technology, information, and library science.
- A worldwide listing of current graduate programs in these fields.
- An annotated mediagraphy section featuring print and non-print resources in a variety of specialties, including instructional design and training, computer-assisted instruction, interactive multimedia, and libraries/media centers.
Researchers in information and education technology as well as professors and teacher educators in these fields will hail the 2011 edition of the Educational Media and Technology Yearbook as a double-edged resource—the current state of the field and a springboard for its future.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1305-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1304-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1305-9
- Series Print ISSN 8755-2094
- Buy this book on publisher's site