About this book
The Frozen Section Library series provides concise, user-friendly, site specific handbooks that are well illustrated and highlight the pitfalls, artifacts and differential diagnosis issues that arise in the hurried frozen section scenario.
Frozen Section Library: Liver, Extrahepatic Biliary Tree and Gallbladder provides a convenient reference for use during intraoperative consultation. The volume addresses commonly encountered challenges, such as the diagnosis of primary and secondary hepatic neoplasms and assessment of gross abnormalities of the gallbladder. The assessment of frozen section biopsies for liver transplantation, a challenging and increasingly encountered situation, is detailed in the form of histologic criteria that should be reported. Emphasis is placed on the differential diagnoses of gross and microscopic findings with attention to potential pitfalls and artifacts encountered on frozen section. gross and microscopic images are provided as well as user-friendly tables for quick reference.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-0043-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-0042-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-0043-1
- Series Print ISSN 1868-4157
- Series Online ISSN 1868-4165
- Buy this book on publisher's site