About this book
As a basic setting for negotiation, the small group can be a crucible of collaboration, or a recipe for hostility. As research interest in small groups has evolved into a salient aspect of social psychology with a robust literature, studies in leadership, power relationships, and teamwork have lent themselves to such diverse concerns as peace studies, diplomacy, and business. Small Group Research: Applications in Conflict Resolution and Peace Psychology is the first book to assemble the published studies of small groups from this perspective and categorize them according to the divisions and subdivisions that make up this rich content area. Carefully documented findings are arranged to provide easy access to general concepts, relevant theories, laboratory and field studies, and core ideas, with implications for peace building and negotiation, in these major domains:
��������� Cooperation, competition, and conflict resolution.
��������� Coalitions, bargaining, and games.
��������� Group dynamics and social cognition.
��������� The group, the organization, and the influence of each on the other.
��������� Team performance and goal attainment.
��������� Intergroup relations, including cognitive and affective consequences.
Small Group Research is a unique and timely resource for practitioners, academics, and students in diverse areas such as psychology, counseling, and related fields; peace studies; and business contexts.
- Book Title Small Group Research
- Book Subtitle Implications for Peace Psychology and Conflict Resolution
- Series Title Peace Psychology Book Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Peace Psychology Book Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-0025-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-0024-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-2983-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-0025-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 362
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Personality and Social Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site