About this book
This book provides a simple and unified approach to the mechanics of discontinuous-fibre reinforced composites, and introduces readers as generally as possible to the key concepts regarding the mechanics of elastic stress transfer, intermediate modes of stress transfer, plastic stress transfer, fibre pull-out, fibre fragmentation and matrix rupture. These concepts are subsequently applied to progressive stages of the loading process, through to the composite fractures.
The book offers a valuable guide for advanced undergraduate and graduate students attending lecture courses on fibre composites. It is also intended for beginning researchers who wish to develop deeper insights into how discontinuous fibre provides reinforcement to composites, and for engineers, particularly those who wish to apply the concepts presented here to design and develop discontinuous-fibre reinforced composites.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-7305-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-7303-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-7305-2
- Series Print ISSN 1619-0181
- Series Online ISSN 2365-0761
- About this book