About this book
This book gives an introduction to Linear Functional Analysis, a synthesis of algebra, topology, and analysis. In addition to the basic theory it explains operator theory, distributions, Sobolev spaces, and many other things. The text is self-contained and includes all proofs, as well as many exercises, most of them with solutions. Moreover, there are a number of appendices, for example on Lebesgue integration theory.
A complete introduction to the subject, Linear Functional Analysis will be particularly useful to readers who want to quickly get to the key statements and who are interested in applications to differential equations.
Banach Space Hilbert Space Functional Analysis Partial Differential Equations Spectral theory
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-7280-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-7279-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-7280-2
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- Buy this book on publisher's site