Table of contents
About this book
This modern, self-contained textbook provides an accessible introduction to the field from the perspective of a practicing programmer, supporting a detailed presentation of the fundamental concepts and techniques with practical exercises and fully worked out implementation examples. This much-anticipated new edition of the definitive textbook on Digital Image Processing has been completely revised and expanded with new content and improved teaching material.
Topics and features:
- Contains new chapters on automatic thresholding, filters and edge detection for color images, edge-preserving smoothing filters, non-rigid image matching, and Fourier shape descriptors.
- Includes exercises at the end of every chapter, and provides additional supplementary material at an associated website.
- Uses ImageJ for all examples, a widely used open source imaging system that can run on all major platforms and be easily ported to other programming languages.
- Describes each solution in a stepwise manner in mathematical form, as abstract pseudocode algorithms, and as complete Java programs.
- Presents suggested outlines for a one- or two-semester course in the preface.
Advanced undergraduate and graduate students will find this comprehensive and example-rich textbook will serve as the ideal introduction to digital image processing. It will also prove invaluable to researchers and professionals seeking a practically focused self-study primer.