About this book
Computer modeling and simulation is one of the key enabling technologies of the 21st century, with universal application to such real-world challenges as transportation analysis.
This comprehensive textbook/reference provides an in-depth overview of the key aspects of transportation analysis, with an emphasis on modeling real transportation systems and executing the models. The state of the art of this field is presented in a technically rigorous yet clear manner. After introducing the fundamentals of modeling and the necessary mathematical background, the book surveys the most interesting simulation systems at the language and logic level, describing their use though a variety of case studies.
Topics and features:
- Presents comprehensive review questions at the end of each chapter, together with detailed case studies, useful links, references and suggestions for further reading
- Supplies a variety of teaching support materials at the book’s webpage on Springer.com, including a complete set of lecture slides
- Examines the classification of models used for multimodal transportation systems, and reviews the models and evaluation methods used in transportation planning
- Explains traffic assignment to road networks, and describes computer simulation integration platforms and their use in the transportation systems sector
- Provides an overview of transportation simulation tools, and discusses the critical issues in the design, development and use of the simulation models
Ideal both for self-study and for university courses on transportation analysis, modeling and simulation, this invaluable textbook will also serve as a useful reference for practitioners involved in this area.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dietmar P.F. Möller is a Full Professor in the Institute of Applied Stochastics and Operations Research at Clausthal University of Technology, Germany.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5637-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-5636-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-5637-6
- Series Print ISSN 2195-2817
- Series Online ISSN 2195-2825
- Buy this book on publisher's site