Table of contents
About this book
This easy to read text/reference provides a broad introduction to the fundamental concepts of modeling and simulation (M&S) and systems engineering, highlighting how M&S is used across the entire systems engineering lifecycle. Each chapter corresponds to a short lecture covering a core topic in M&S or systems engineering.
Topics and features:
· Reviews the full breadth of technologies, methodologies and uses of M&S, rather than just focusing on a specific aspect of the field
· Presents contributions from renowned specialists in each topic covered
· Introduces the foundational elements and processes that serve as the groundwork for understanding M&S
· Explores common methods and methodologies used in M&S, explaining the difference between these two similar sounding terms
· Discusses how best to design and execute experiments, covering the use of Monte Carlo techniques, surrogate modeling, and distributed simulation
· Explores the use of M&S throughout the systems development lifecycle, describing a number of methods, techniques, and tools available to support systems engineering processes
· Provides a selection of case studies illustrating the use of M&S in systems engineering across a variety of domains
Designed to support both professional and undergraduate education in M&S, this helpful and authoritative work presents a comprehensive overview of the discipline, with an emphasis on the key concepts that systems engineers need to understand in order to be effective in their jobs.
Dr. Margaret L. Loper is a Chief Scientist in the Information & Communications Laboratory at Georgia Tech Research Institute, Atlanta, GA, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5634-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-5633-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-5634-5
- Series Print ISSN 2195-2817
- Series Online ISSN 2195-2825
- Buy this book on publisher's site