About this book
Structured Controllers for Uncertain Systems focuses on the development of easy-to-use design strategies for robust low-order or fixed-structure controllers (particularly the industrially ubiquitous PID controller). These strategies are based on a recently-developed stochastic optimization method termed the "Heuristic Kalman Algorithm" (HKA) the use of which results in a simplified methodology that enables the solution of the structured control problem without a profusion of user-defined parameters. An overview of the main stochastic methods employable in the context of continuous non-convex optimization problems is also provided and various optimization criteria for the design of a structured controller are considered; H∞, H2, and mixed H2/H∞ each merits a chapter to itself. Time-domain-performance specifications can be easily incorporated in the design.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5188-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-5187-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-5188-3
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9491
- Series Online ISSN 2193-1577
- Buy this book on publisher's site