Table of contents
About this book
Fourth-generation (4G) or long-term evolution (LTE) technology offers the promise of even smarter computing and multimedia applications which will be available anywhere, at any time.
This comprehensive text/reference presents a detailed review of the pioneering research underpinning this emerging technological revolution. The book also examines the various challenges to secure, efficient and cost-effective next-generation wireless networking. Opening with a selection of chapters devoted to the exciting trends in wireless network technology, followed by a section focusing on advanced applications, the text then concludes with an investigation into the future internet systems that will pave the way towards true ubiquitous computing.
Topics and features:
- Presents the latest advances, standards and technical challenges in a broad range of emerging wireless technologies
- Discusses cooperative and mesh networks, delay tolerant networks, and other next-generation networks such as LTE
- Examines real-world applications of vehicular communications, broadband wireless technologies, RFID technology, and energy-efficient wireless communications
- Introduces developments towards the ‘Internet of Things’ from both a communications and a service perspective
- Discusses the machine-to-machine communication model, important applications of wireless technologies in healthcare, and security issues in state-of-the-art networks
This wide-ranging, cutting-edge volume is a ‘must-read’ for all researchers and practitioners involved in wireless communications.
Dr. Naveen Chilamkurti is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia. Dr. Sherali Zeadally is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology at the University of the District of Columbia, USA. Dr. Hakima Chaouchi is an Associate Professor at Telecom SudParis, France.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5164-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-5163-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-5164-7
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Buy this book on publisher's site