Table of contents
About this book
Social media is now ubiquitous on the internet, generating both new possibilities and new challenges in information analysis and retrieval.
This comprehensive text/reference examines in depth the synergy between multimedia content analysis, personalization, and next-generation networking. The book demonstrates how this integration can result in robust, personalized services that provide users with an improved multimedia-centric quality of experience. Each chapter offers a practical step-by-step walkthrough for a variety of concepts, components and technologies relating to the development of applications and services.
Topics and features:
- Provides contributions from an international and interdisciplinary selection of experts in their fields
- Introduces the fundamentals of social media retrieval, presenting the most important areas of research in this domain
- Examines the important topic of multimedia tagging in social environments, including geo-tagging
- Discusses issues of personalization and privacy in social media
- Reviews advances in encoding, compression and network architectures for the exchange of social media information
- Describes a range of applications related to social media
Researchers and students interested in social media retrieval will find this book a valuable resource, covering a broad overview of state-of-the-art research and emerging trends in this area. The text will also be of use to practicing engineers involved in envisioning and building innovative social media applications and services.