About this book
Automorphic forms are an important complex analytic tool in number theory and modern arithmetic geometry. They played for example a vital role in Andrew Wiles's proof of Fermat's Last Theorem.
This text provides a concise introduction to the world of automorphic forms using two approaches: the classic elementary theory and the modern point of view of adeles and representation theory. The reader will learn the important aims and results of the theory by focussing on its essential aspects and restricting it to the 'base field' of rational numbers.
Students interested for example in arithmetic geometry or number theory will find that this book provides an optimal and easily accessible introduction into this topic.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4435-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4434-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4435-9
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- About this book