About this book
Decision Making in Manufacturing Environment Using Graph Theory and Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods presents the concepts and details of applications of MADM methods. A range of methods are covered including Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Technique for Order Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS), VIšekriterijumsko KOmpromisno Rangiranje (VIKOR), Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA), Preference Ranking METHod for Enrichment Evaluations (PROMETHEE), ELimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité (ELECTRE), COmplex PRoportional ASsessment (COPRAS), Grey Relational Analysis (GRA), UTility Additive (UTA), and Ordered Weighted Averaging (OWA).
The existing MADM methods are improved upon and three novel multiple attribute decision making methods for solving the decision making problems of the manufacturing environment are proposed. The concept of integrated weights is introduced in the proposed subjective and objective integrated weights (SOIW) method and the weighted Euclidean distance based approach (WEDBA) to consider both the decision maker’s subjective preferences as well as the distribution of the attributes data of the decision matrix. These methods, which use fuzzy logic to convert the qualitative attributes into the quantitative attributes, are supported by various real-world application examples. Also, computer codes for AHP, TOPSIS, DEA, PROMETHEE, ELECTRE, COPRAS, and SOIW methods are included.
This comprehensive coverage makes Decision Making in Manufacturing Environment Using Graph Theory and Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods a key reference for the designers, manufacturing engineers, practitioners, managers, institutes involved in both design and manufacturing related projects. It is also an ideal study resource for applied research workers, academicians, and students in mechanical and industrial engineering.
- Book Title Decision Making in Manufacturing Environment Using Graph Theory and Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods
- Book Subtitle Volume 2
- Series Title Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4375-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-4374-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5937-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-4375-8
- Series ISSN 1860-5168
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 294
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Engineering Economics, Organization, Logistics, Marketing
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
Operations Research/Decision Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site