Table of contents
About this book
Modelling and simulation provides invaluable support for the design and evaluation of dynamic systems, offering multi-faceted tools that are unconstrained by discipline boundaries.
This fully updated and expanded new edition of Modelling and Simulation presents a practical introduction to the fundamental aspects of modelling and simulation. It provides the necessary foundations both for those wishing to learn about this methodology and also for those who have a need to apply it in their work. Illustrative examples are drawn from projects formulated within the domains of both discrete-event dynamic systems and continuous-time dynamic systems.
Topics and features:
- Presents a project-oriented (i.e., goal-based) perspective on modelling and simulation
- Describes an updated novel activity based conceptual modelling framework (the ABCmod framework) for discrete-event dynamic systems
- Includes a new chapter that presents a novel world view, the Activity-Object world view, which eases the translation of a conceptual model specification in the ABCmod framework into a simulation program
- Contains numerous illustrative examples and useful algorithms, in addition to exercises and projects at the end of most chapters
- Includes a primer on probability, a concise guide to the GPSS programming environment and an overview of relevant MATLAB features in the appendices
- Provides supplementary software and teaching support material at an associated website, including lecture slides and a methodology for organizing student projects
Students at the senior undergraduate or junior graduate level will find this hands-on textbook/reference to be an essential guide to the fundamentals of modelling and simulation. It is also ideally suited for self-study by professionals seeking insight into the vast potential of this rapidly evolving problem-solving paradigm.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-2783-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-2782-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-2783-3
- Series Print ISSN 2195-2817
- Series Online ISSN 2195-2825
- Buy this book on publisher's site