About this book
This volume systematically guides readers through the process of writing scientific papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals, and addressing referees’ responses. Beyond merely listing elements required for successful scientific writing, A Scientific Approach to Scientific Writing offers researchers a full framework for constructing papers, starting from brief statements regarding the rationale, objectives, findings and implications of the study. The writing process is illustrated through four exemplar studies of increasing complexity, worked through from title to conclusions.
The book does not focus primarily on grammar, but includes sections on important facets, such as ‘voices’ and tenses. It also addresses problems associated with writing other texts (reports, reviews, emails, social/professional networking communications etc.). Composed (with inputs from numerous senior scientists) by authors who have written, revised or edited more than 4,000 papers, A Scientific Approach to Scientific Writing will be essential reading for non-native English-speaking students and researchers of all disciplines, and a valuable resource for those with English as a first language.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-9788-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-9787-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-9788-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site