Table of contents
About this book
Compiled from papers of the 4th Biennial Workshop on DSP (Digital Signal Processing) for In-Vehicle Systems and Safety this edited collection features world-class experts from diverse fields focusing on integrating smart in-vehicle systems with human factors to enhance safety in automobiles. Digital Signal Processing for In-Vehicle Systems and Safety presents new approaches on how to reduce driver inattention and prevent road accidents. The material addresses DSP technologies in adaptive automobiles, in-vehicle dialogue systems, human machine interfaces, video and audio processing, and in-vehicle speech systems.
The volume also features:
- Recent advances in Smart-Car technology – vehicles that take into account and conform to the driver
- Driver-vehicle interfaces that take into account the driving task and cognitive load of the driver
- Best practices for In-Vehicle Corpus Development and distribution
- Information on multi-sensor analysis and fusion techniques for robust driver monitoring and driver recognition
- Knowledge distribution for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications
Digital Signal Processing for In-Vehicle Systems and Safety is useful for engineering researchers, students, automotive manufacturers, government foundations and engineers working in the areas of control engineering, signal processing, audio-video processing, man-machine interfaces, human factors and transportation engineering.