Table of contents
About this book
As practical and insightful as its predecessor, the second edition of this acclaimed text gives students of cognitive and cognitive-behavioral therapy a solid grounding in principles while modeling an integrative approach to the problems they will encounter most. The same quartet of knowledgeable clinicians who authored the original have updated and restructured their work to take readers through the best of contemporary cognitive practice, from intake interview and case conceptualization to the crucial final meetings. Their goal is to offer empirically valid interventions that truly address the complex problems of today’s clients, and this straightforward volume presents these strategies with maximum utility for trainee and clinician alike.
• Clinical vignettes and verbatim transcripts illustrating interventions in action.
• Guidelines for assessing clients throughout the course of therapy.
• Effective ways to strengthen the therapeutic relationship.
• Equal coverage on treatment of Axis I and personality disorders.
• New chapters on treatment of children, adolescents, couples, and groups.
• Techniques for getting past roadblocks, dealing with non-compliance, and avoiding relapses.
Uncovering new clinical possibilities, debunking common misconceptions, and encouraging readers to sharpen their skills, the authors show why, decades after its inception, cognitive therapy continues to get results.
The second edition of Clinical Applications of Cognitive Therapy is an invaluable source of knowledge for researchers and advanced students of behavior therapy, clinical and counseling psychology, psychiatry, and psychiatric social work, and for clinicians at all levels of practice.
- Book Title Clinical Applications of Cognitive Therapy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-8905-5
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-306-48462-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4613-4714-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4419-8905-5
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages IX, 437
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Personality and Social Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site