About this book
"...The Multiversal book series is equally unique, providing book-length extensions of the lectures with enough additional depth for those who truly want to explore these fields, while also providing the kind of clarity that is appropriate for interested lay people to grasp the general principles involved." - Lawrence M. Krauss
Cosmic Update covers:
- A novel approach to uncover the dark faces of the Standard Model of cosmology.
- The possibility that Dark Energy and Dark Matter are manifestations of the inhomogeneous geometry of our Universe.
- The history of cosmological model building and the general architecture of cosmological models.
- Illustrations of the Large Scale Structure of the Universe.
- A new perspective on the classical static Einstein Cosmos.
- Global properties of World Models including their Topology.
- The Arrow of Time in a Universe with a Positive Cosmological Constant.
- The exploration of the consequences of a fundamental Cosmological Constant for our Universe.
- The exploration of why the current observed acceleration of the Universe may not be its final destiny.
- A demonstration that nature forbids the existence of a pure Cosmological Constant.
- Our current understanding of the long term (in time scales that greatly exceed the current age of the Universe) future of the Universe.
- The long term fate and eventual destruction of the astrophysical objects that populate the universe -- including clusters, galaxies, stars, planets, and black holes.
The material is presented in a layperson-friendly language followed by additional technical sections which explain basic equations and principles. This feature is very attractive to readers who want to learn more about the theories involved beyond the basic description.
Multiversal Journeys™ is a trademark of Farzad Nekoogar and Multiversal Journeys, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-8294-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-8293-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-8294-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site