About this book
The contributions in this volume are written by the foremost international researchers and practitioners in the GP arena. They examine the similarities and differences between theoretical and empirical results on real-world problems. The text explores the synergy between theory and practice, producing a comprehensive view of the state of the art in GP application.
Topics include: FINCH: A System for Evolving Java, Practical Autoconstructive Evolution, The Rubik Cube and GP Temporal Sequence Learning, Ensemble classifiers: AdaBoost and Orthogonal Evolution of Teams, Self-modifying Cartesian GP, Abstract Expression Grammar Symbolic Regression, Age-Fitness Pareto Optimization, Scalable Symbolic Regression by Continuous Evolution, Symbolic Density Models, GP Transforms in Linear Regression Situations, Protein Interactions in a Computational Evolution System, Composition of Music and Financial Strategies via GP, and Evolutionary Art Using Summed Multi-Objective Ranks.
Readers will discover large-scale, real-world applications of GP to a variety of problem domains via in-depth presentations of the latest and most significant results in GP .
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-7747-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-7746-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-7747-2
- Series Print ISSN 1932-0167
- Buy this book on publisher's site