About this book
This monograph provides a unified and comprehensive treatment of an order-theoretic fixed point theory in partially ordered sets and its various useful interactions with topological structures. It begins with a discussion of some simple examples of the order-theoretic fixed point results along with simple applications from each of the diverse fields. The fixed point theory is then developed and preliminary results on multi-valued variational inequalities regarding the topological and order-theoretical structure of solution sets are covered. This is followed by more advanced material which demonstrates the power of the developed fixed point theory. In the treatment of the applications a wide range of mathematical theories and methods from nonlinear analysis and integration theory are applied; an outline of which has been given in an appendix chapter to make the book self-contained.
Graduate students and researchers in nonlinear analysis, pure and applied mathematics, game theory and mathematical economics will find this book useful.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-7585-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-7584-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-7585-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site