About this book
Proactive Spoken Dialogue Interaction in Multi-Party Environments describes spoken dialogue systems that act as independent dialogue partners in the conversation with and between users. The resulting novel characteristics such as proactiveness and multi-party capabilities pose new challenges on the dialogue management component of such a system and require the use and administration of an extensive dialogue history. In order to assist the proactive spoken dialogue systems development, a comprehensive data collection seems mandatory and may be performed in a Wizard-of-Oz environment. Such an environment builds also the appropriate basis for an extensive usability and acceptance evaluation.
Proactive Spoken Dialogue Interaction in Multi-Party Environments is a useful reference for students and researchers in speech processing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-5992-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-5991-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-5992-8