About this book
Thyroid Cytopathology, Second Edition, in the Essentials in Cytopathology Series, provides an overview to the examination and diagnosis of thyroid cytology specimens. Each concise desktop reference in the Essentials in Cytopathology Series is designed as an easy-to-use and authoritative synopsis of site-specific topics in cytopathology.
Thyroid Cytopathology uses a simple algorithmic approach to the diagnosis of thyroid fine needle aspirations (FNA). This user-friendly, reference begins with an introduction to clinical aspects, a guide to performing and processing thyroid FNAs, and an overview to the algorithmic approach to thyroid FNA cytopathology. Organized in 11 easy-to-read chapters, this volume discusses the background, diagnostic approaches and criteria, differential diagnoses, and clinical management of inflammatory, colloid, follicular, Hurthle cell and cystic lesions, as well as, papillary, medullary and undifferentiated carcinomas.
With 116 full-color images, 12 tables and a series of algorithms, Thyroid Cytopathology is the ideal quick reference guide covering the essentials of thyroid FNA. It is a must-have for every pathologist, cytopathologist, cytotechnologist, fellow and trainee.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-5954-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-5952-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-5954-6
- Series Print ISSN 1574-9053
- Series Online ISSN 1574-9061
- Buy this book on publisher's site