About this book
This book is concerned with basic results on Cauchy problems associated with nonlinear monotone operators in Banach spaces with applications to partial differential equations of evolutive type.
This is a monograph about the most significant results obtained in this area in last decades but is also written as a graduate textbook on modern methods in partial differential equations with main emphasis on applications to fundamental mathematical models of mathematical physics, fluid dynamics and mechanics.
This book is selfcontained while the prerequisites in functional analysis are necessary to understand as it is being presented in a preliminary chapter. An up-to-date list of references and extended comments are included.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-5542-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-5541-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-5542-5
- Series Print ISSN 1439-7382
- Buy this book on publisher's site